- Applicants should be individuals living with disabilities or recovering from injury or disease.
- Minor applicants must be at least 6 years of age
- Programming is intended only for low-income participants. There is no income requirement for minor applicants.
- All participants are required to provide a Medical Release signed by their doctor.
- 1 on 1 training will be used consecutively unless there are confirmed extenuating circumstances where considerations have been agreed upon.
- If a participant is gifted equipment, they are allowed to keep it indefinitely. However, we ask that participants contact AFL if they no longer need or want the equipment.
- All applications must be completed in their entirety. If they are not, they will not be considered.
- Previous scholarship winners may reapply after 2 years
- All scholarship applicants should communicate with AFL through email only please. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply, but for some reason have circumstances outside the above parameters, please email us in order to facilitate the start of a discussion. There is no guarantee we will be able to accommodate the applicant, but we will review the application on a case by case basis. Understand we may ask for information/documentation.
PLEASE PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE STATEMENT BELOW:
Providing scholarships to individuals who can't afford adaptive fitness training is our main priority. Through this program, applicants will receive a 80% discount for all their 1:1 training sessions with DPI Adaptive Fitness. We ask that the scholarship winner pay for 20% of the programming. Please feel free to ask any questions.
Each scholarship includes 12 sessions - depending on progress and hard work after the 12th session, extra sessions may be added.
We only have 2 more scholarship spots this year, so apply now! We know that you will get an outstanding workout and will fall in love with your progress as much as we do!
Thank you so much for your interest! Just a few thoughts- successful applications are well thought out, detailed, and help us get to know you and your goals.
Next Application Window: Oct 1 2021 to Oct 31 2021